Friday, May 29, 2015

8 months! OR If I were pregnant we'd be on the home stretch by now

SortDragon & I have  been married for 8 months now. How time flies when you are having fun.
No real arguments, or even friction. We are both basically on the same page 97% of the time.

I have a theory that the first year of marriage you're still trying to be on your best behavior, still maintaining the perfect facade that you had while dating or whatever. I think because it's still new and fresh in your minds, you are more inclined to let things slide? Maybe?

Not that I've noticed myself doing that or shrugging things off. I think the biggest debate we ever have is who's turn to cook or what is on the menu. Personally, I think we made a pretty darn good choice in life partner since we share common likes/dislikes and our sense of humor is very similar.

No plans yet on what to do for the 1 year anniversary. I've looked into a few things...

YearTraditional (U.S.)Traditional (U.K.)[14]Suggested modern gift list created by
librarians at Chicago Public Library
1stPaperCottonClock
Though I don't really know what to get that doesn't suck for paper/cotton or clock!

I'm not too artsy, I always wish I could make these really thoughtful (and beautiful) craft pieces but I have never been able to. I don't know if it's just that I have no patience for that sort of thing or if I am too pedantic/too much of a perfectionist to sit there for the time needed to get it right. Could be a combination of the two, I don't know..

We purchased a really pretty christmas ornament - it was our first decoration we purchased (ie. first as a married couple but also first as a couple just in general). We aren't festive in this house, but one day when there are little Dragons running around the halls will need to be decked! Currently we don't even have a tree but we have our ornament & that's all that matters to me.

I don't think that will be a new tradition.. but who knows!!


No comments:

Post a Comment