Friday, May 3, 2013

Back to the Land of the Living

I survived Iceland...

I wasn't certain I'd make it back to London, to be perfectly honest. After listening to EVE gaming conversations/ship fittings/space politics conversations (practically 24/7) for the past week and a half, I am definitely glad to be back at home where I can just leave the room or start up a SC2 stream.

Let's give the highlights of the trip...


Sightseeing wise I saw the following:
- Geysers
- CCP offices
- Harpa Building
- Waterfall
- Rift Valley
- Glacier
- Troll Cave
- old Lighthouse
- Cathedral
- Viking Museum

I ate at Nonni's (though many people debate this fact as I got a burger rather than a sub), I tried puffin & whale - didn't like either of them - as well as a bunch of seafood (still not a fan). I partied at the top of the world & am technically the first lady of space politics. Met loads of nice people and didn't end up with any hangovers. I also got to spend about 40mins in a geothermal spa facility... was relaxing.


I was even interviewed at one point... though I'm unsure why they would want my opinion of EVE (haha).

What would I do differently if I go again??? Well, for one thing, I would not go on the pre-organized tours. Don't get me wrong, I had a good time, but it wasn't what I was told & thus I was a little disappointed. I would either create my own tour or just miss it all together as I've seen the majority of the highlights of Iceland. I would DEFINITELY go snow-boarding though... I was quite jealous of the people who got to go (even if most of them came back injured).

I was a little disappointed I didn't get to see the Aurora Borealis. Means I'll have to either visit again or head to another Scandinavian country later this year. To be fair, the sun wasn't setting until about 11pm and was rising at about 4am.. so there's wasn't a lot of time to see it, as during the dark hours I was either catching up on sleep or inside a bar, listening to people talk spaceships.

It was good to meet up with old friends and put faces to the people who's names I hear on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment