Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Greetings, Proposals & Solitude

Much has happened since we last spoke.

Em has started her job - I believe she is enjoying it. I've had an interview and am feeling fairly optimistic about the outcome. We have seen the Tower of London, travelled to Oxford & Camden, and spent even more time walking around exploring.

Saturday night was spent out in the town - with no wingman... Em hadn't been feeling well so it was up to me to have an awesome time. I ended up drinking out of a "bucket" - it wasn't too bad.
What I believe they called "POS FUEL"

Met up with an old friend from Australia, made a bunch of new friends and had a great time.

A total of 3 marriage proposals flew at me that night. I was feeling amazing after that! I also received a job offer if I feel like moving to Iceland - so there's always that option.

Saturday night also had me being hit on by a really hot guy who'd been married for 2wks - he and his wife "have an open relationship"... No thank you. I've been there and don't want to repeat past mistakes. Shame! Other than that it was a great night.

This week's highlight would have to be getting all the sneaky photos from various places we've travelled. They are very anti-photography here in the UK - just a heads up for all you hipsters wanting to travel.

I believe the focus of this week will be on the more practical side of things - setting up doctor's registration etc.

I just want the fun, travel stuff to start. Maybe it's time to scout a sugar daddy... I hear the money is good :D

Glasgow Cathedral & Necropolis
Pretty sure I'm going to be creating a "Gangnam Style" music video clip of my own.. it's going to be epic... me dancing around the UK/Europe - beats the pants off a typical photo slide night when I eventually return home.

My hairdresser friend (who moved to Scotland around the same time we came over to London) is heading back home already. She's having issues finding jobs in Scotland, and dislikes London.. so the plan is for her to head home, save more money & then come back early next year. She's invited us to visit here this weekend... so that could be our first long-distance adventure. Otherwise, I don't know what we will end up doing - there's no other plans at this point.

I've been invited to Norwich for my birthday - depending on funds (and if I have a job or not). Also could be in Iceland for New Years - but again depends on funds.

What have I learnt this week: Some guys are sleazes.. when they get alcohol in their system they are total douches. Not really a new concept to me, but after Hottie McDrunk last weekend, the idea is cemented in my consciousness. Many of the guys at the bar were nice... but there's always one that is going to ruin the night for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment