Friday, October 12, 2012

1 Month

SO... we've made it to 1 month. 23 to go!

The last month has been rather cruise-y for me. More of a holiday than anything - mostly because I have yet to start working.

(Em started work two weeks ago)

Bear Surfing! That's how they roll in Oxford.
I've been filling my days with setting up my VLOG. Still getting everything sorted out & haven't uploaded any HIGH QUALITY videos yet - mostly just stuff to keep people up to date at the moment. I'll probably upload more frequently & (hopefully) better content soon.

To recap the last month:
- went to the London Zoo & saw a freakin' LORIS.
(That is definitely the highlight of the trip so far. If I have to go home tomorrow, I'd be happy.. I got to see a LORIS!)
- went to various markets: Camden, Portobello Rd, Picadilly... and on the weekend we will be heading to Borough Markets if the weather holds out.
- travelled to Oxford
- Have seen at least 8 different museums & walked countless miles
- went to the Tower of London & took many sneaky photos of the crown jewels etc
- went out drinking with mates & ended up consuming many buckets (literally) of alcohol.

Crown Jewels - Sneaky photo!
All in all, it was a fairly productive month. Our housemates (who have been here longer than us) have said that we have seen more than they have in the short amount of time we have been here. VICTORY!!!

Out of the ~30 days (or so), there has only been 2 or 3 rainy days. Much less than I expected. There have been a few days when the weather just couldn't make up it's mind & proceeded to parade sun-showers before us (most annoying!). However, the only difference between the weather here & back home, is that it is incredibly windy here.

Not missing home yet. We tend to Skype every Sunday morning (London time) to keep everyone up to date. Having a jolly old time! I'm off now to find my local Starbucks so I can drink a giant cup of coffee & continue writing my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment