Friday, July 13, 2012

General update.

So laptop has arrived back from the shop - it's been back for a while.
However - I have a lack of internet at my current house & have had a lack of motivation to update anywhere else.

I am still super keen to have this going - in fact I am still regularly updating my other blog... I think this one is just a little bit more academic & takes a little bit more concentration / thought.

Quick update: I have 2 months until I relocate overseas - quite exciting. I had my Biometrics appointment last Friday. I will be sending my Visa application away this week. I'm so incredibly pumped to get going.

I have been scouring work for some pen pals or something along those lines. I want to be practising my languages - in return for English practice...

I think I will just do a few Swedish words of the day.
So today is:
1. himmel - which means sky or heaven (pronounced him-el)
2. solsken - sunshine (pronounced sool-sh-ehn).
3. gurka - cucumber/gherkin (pronounced ger-kha)
4. frukt - fruit (pronounced frew-kt)

Pre-dinner snack.... it's good for you!


I have been watching some "Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time" on YouTube. I think Niclas is cute - he's the main guy with the beard. I don't think my mother would want me to bring him home but he's funny & the food looks edible.

It's also a great way to learn the Swedish words for random food stuffs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SwedishMealTime
Scroll down until you see some recipes... I am going to attempt to make the Stroganoff tomorrow night. It'll be interesting. Perhaps less screaming - but who knows.

I've tried the pre-dinner snack & can confirm - it IS good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment